CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

When to let go..

One night when I was 16 I went to the drive in movies with my friend. It was actually the last night it was going to be open in our town. I wasn't sure what to expect that night, but I knew I wanted to have fun. That's the night I met G and my life changed. At first I thought he was nice but I wasn't looking for a boyfriend. How quickly that changed. G became such a part of my life and continued to be part of it until I was 19 and cheated on him. Shame shame shame on me. I haven't had the chance to tell him how sorry I am for that, but I hope that since nearly 20 years have passed he knows. Anyway, I had had a few boyfriends prior to that and 1 that I even considered to be "serious" or as serious as you can be as a teenager. G truly was my first love. We were together through the rest of my high school and even moved in together after I got out of high school. In my opinion we were on the track to babies and a family one day. At one point semi early in our relationship I found out he was "seeing" another girl. You see, back then in Kansas if you were 18 you could get in to clubs and drink 3.2 beer. Unfortunately they changed the law before I turned 18...darn them! But G was going to clubs sometimes and met a girl from my high school there. We obviously broke up for a while and he was seeing the girl. That lasted about a month and then he came back to me and I felt all was right with the world. I found out (not quite sure how I found this out to be honest) that the first song they danced to was Shout by Tears for Fears. So after that I hated that song. A couple of years ago I heard that song on the radio and started to change the station as I had done many many times through the years. I stopped myself and had to think about it. When do you let something like that go and why do you hold on to something like that for so long? I realized that I was being ridiculous and that it was time to just let it go. It did make me wonder how many other things I might be holding onto that I really don't need to be. I guess I'll see as time goes by.

On a different note. Last night I was watching TV and a commercial came on for face soap. I'm not positive of the brand but it showed a girl putting soap on her face and then washing. I found it odd that she didn't put the soap on her forehead or her neck. It was only from underneath her eyes and down to her chin. How do you think her forehead and neck get clean?

-C

2 comments:

Losing my Mind said...

you know i still think all hooter waitresses are ho's because one slept with my first 'love'. I should let that one go too :S

Connie T. said...

It is funny how songs can bring up old memories. That song "On my own" with Michael Mcdonald singing it. I had just gotten divorced and I was so sad and hearing that song just made me cry and cry. I didn't want to be on my own. I liked the song but it made me sad too. If the guy cheated on you, you should have just left him and never got back with him.